Registration for the XVIth World Economic History Congress 2012 is now open!
Delegates can register online with a credit card, or request an invoice. Accommodation and social events can also be booked at the time of registration.
Click here to register online and reserve accommodation.
Click here to view registration fees and information.
Click here to view accommodation options.
Click here to view the congress schedule.
Click here for a currency converter.
WEHC 2012 Congress Registration Terms and Conditions
1. Registration will only be valid once all monies are received and cleared.
2. All payments to be made payable to WEHC 2012.
3. All cancellations must be received in writing.
4. Cancellation fees will be imposed as follows:
• Cancellations 90 days prior to the start of Congress will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.
• Cancellations between 89 and 30 days prior to the start of Congress will be refunded 50% of registration fees paid; if registration fees are outstanding the delegate will be liable for 50% of the registration fees.
• No refunds will be provided for cancellations within 30 days of the start of Congress or no-shows and the delegate will be liable for full registration fees.
5. Completed registrations will be acknowledged within 7 days.
6. Registrations are transferable to delegates not yet registered only if the Congress Secretariat is informed in writing.
7. All fees are payable in South African Rand (ZAR) within seven days of invoice. Any short payment resulting from bank charges and/or exchange rate fluctuations will be charged back to the delegate.
8. Registrations may not be shared, i.e. shared name tags will not be issued and name tags may not be shared.
Official Congress Accommodation Terms and Conditions
1. Reservations at the official congress accommodation will be made on behalf of delegates by the WEHC 2012 Congress Secretariat. Please complete the appropriate section on the registration form specifying room type, check-in/ check-out dates, and any other special requests.
2. Reservations are made on a "first come, first served" basis.
3. Published room rates are valid until 8 May 2012. Thereafter, rates are not guaranteed and any late reservations will be accommodated according to current rates and availability.
4. In order to finalise your accommodation booking, the full amount due is required as prepayment; alternatively a credit card authorisation must be completed which will be passed on to the hotel in order to hold the booking. If paying by credit card, please ensure that your credit card is valid through the end of your stay, failing which the booking may not be guaranteed. Any extras must be settled upon check-out in South African Rand (ZAR), including the compulsory 1% Government Tourism Levy.
5. Payments apply only to the original reservation and are not transferable.
6. Reductions or changes to a booking 60-30 days from arrival date, a 25% penalty will be charged. For reductions or changes 30-7 days of the arrival date a 50% penalty will be charged. For reductions or changes within 7 days of the arrival date or if you fail to arrive as scheduled, the hotel will charge 100% for the loss of revenue for the night or nights in question.
7. Cancellations 60-30 days from arrival date, a 50% penalty will be charged. For cancellations within 30 days of the arrival date a 100% penalty will be charged. Should you fail to arrive as scheduled, the hotel will charge for the loss of revenue for the night or nights in question.
Congress Opening Session
9 July 2012
9 July 2012
10 July 2012
11 July 2012